New Berlin, CUSD #16 is accepting letters of interest to fill the vacancy resulting from a resignation from a Member residing in Congressional Township New Berlin Township (15N-R7W, 15N-R8W, 14N-R7W & 14N-R8W). Applicants from Curran I & II & Capital 91 Township (T15N-R6W) are unable to be appointed to the Board due to the number of Board members already serving from that Congressional Township. The individual selected will serve on the School Board from the date of appointment to Spring 2019. Applicants at a minimum must meet the following:
- Be a United States citizen.
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Be a resident of Illinois and the District for at least one year immediately preceding the appointment.
- Be a registered voter.
- Not be a child sex offender.
- Not hold another incompatible public office.
- Not have a prohibited interest in any contract with the District.
- Not be a school trustee.
- Not hold certain types of prohibited State or federal employment
Applicant can send letter of interest to Bill Alexander via email toor via mail to 600 N. Cedar, New Berlin, IL 62670.
For consideration, all letter of interest need to be received by October 11, 2018.