New Berlin Junior High is excited to share with you a user-friendly math program called IXL that all students can access at home via the Internet. The image above is hyperlinked to the NBJH login page. The primary focus of this program is to enrich, extend, and remediate grade-level math with a fun, hands-on, technology-based experience. This program is not geared towards students moving ahead or going faster. It’s about students learning more and going deeper into their current curriculum. With IXL, students can:
- Find unlimited practice problems specifically tailored to the standards and build mastery of specific standards and skills.
- Record the amount of time they spend practicing so that teachers and parents can examine student progress and time spent on each skill.
- Each NBJH student will be required to log one hour of independent practice time in IXL per week.
- Encounter enrichment activities that are engaging.
To get your child started on your home computer, please follow these easy steps:
- Enter your child's username and password in the top right-hand corner and click Sign in. Your child’s user name and password will be given to them by their teacher.
2. Find a skill to practice by doing one of the following:
- Select a specific skill or standard to practice from the list or one that your teacher has suggested/assigned. You can place your mouse over any skill to see a sample question and click on the link to begin. Or . . .
- Click on the Awards tab. Each grade level has an embedded game board with challenges for your child to conquer and virtual prizes to be uncovered. Place your mouse over any challenge to begin.
The IXL website is adaptive and will adjust to your child's demonstrated ability level. The site also records all of your child's results, so you can monitor your child's progress anytime by clicking on the Reports tab.
The IXL program is another way that New Berlin Junior High is committed to meeting the differentiated needs of our students.